Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Cooking with Jazz: Apple Spice Ritual Bowl w/ Berry Compote

Apple Spice Ritual Bowl w/ Berry Compote
by Jasmine De La Paz

I love to cook, and spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I found the meals that taste the best, are the ones I prepare when I am totally calm, relaxed, and patient with the food. When you take the time to really put thought and effort into your cooking, the results are so amazing! I feel we need to treat our food with respect and honor all the nutrients and energy it provides for us. Too many times we rush through preparing and eating meals, just to hurry back to day to day tasks. I totally understand this, as life is busy! However, it is so much better for your digestive system to plan meals in advance, prepare them so they are as nutrient and digestible as possible, and put care into the creation. When you have a healthy digestive system, you have a happy and healthy life - trust me!

I like to "infuse" my food with high vibrational sounds! I know this sounds kinda crazy, but if you have taken my yoga classes you know I love to incorporate sound healing. Not only does sound healing help my meditation and yoga practice, but it also infuses my foods with positive energy. You know how some people talk to their plants to help them grow? Well, the same applies to food (especially if you are growing your own fruits / vegetables). My ritual is to play very relaxing music, such as Laraaji while I am cooking. I also brew my kombucha in my sacred space, so that it absorbs sounds from my crystal bowls and gongs. You can also simply send positive thoughts to your food while preparing it! Find a ritual that works for you, and roll with it. I promise your body will thank you for it later.

This Apple Spice Quinoa Ritual Bowl is so delicious, full of a variety of proteins, healthy fats, probiotics, fiber, and high vibrational energy!

Apple Spice Quinoa Ritual Bowl
Serves 2
1 cup cooked quinoa (soaked in water overnight / made with coconut milk)
1/2 cup oats
1 cup almond or coconut yogurt
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/2 apple grated


Directions: 

Soak your quinoa in water for 3-4 hours. Rinse and drain, and cook with coconut milk. If your coconut milk is divided, simply blend the coconut cream with the water for a smoother consistency.


Once quinoa is cooked and cooled, throw everything together in a bowl, stir, and leave in the refrigerator overnight or for around 6-8 hours so it fully absorbs the liquid and flavors, and the oats and seeds have enough time to break down enzyme inhibitors and become less acidic. Always remember to soak nuts, seeds, grains, and beans to improve their digestibility and unlock nutrients.

We will be serving this at our next Breakfast on the Patio, May 6 from 10:30-11am - it is F R E E for those who attend a class at 9:15am, 9:30am, or 11am!

Reserve your spot online today!
namastehighlandpark.com/workshops 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig