Monday, August 17, 2015

Behind The Scenes: NHP Photo Shoot!

By now, we're sure you've all seen the beautiful new NHP website featuring amazing photos of our staff taken by Dave Getzschman. We thought you might like to take a peek into a few candid moments and hear a bit of staff commentary. Enjoy! 


Dave says, "I have a ton of respect for Namasté's teachers and was delighted to get to depict their grace, poise and unique personalities. To develop the triceps you need to hold heavy camera equipment all day, I recommend Ani Raya Flores' early-morning Hatha yoga classes. Plank poses galore."


 The photo shoot wasn't all fun and games… Oh, wait. Yes it was!


 Vanda is the captain of our yoga ship!


 Holding crow for a photo proves to be a bit difficult, but Vanda pulls it off with ease.


 The only time we've had a mirror in the studio!


  Hannah says, "Having pictures taken is often a self-conscious sort of nerve wracking experience - But David made it so fun! I felt like I was just playing the whole time. There was music, and hair-flipping, and Vanda dancing and jumping around behind the camera...so it never felt too serious."


 Bethany says, "To the left you will see the original shirt I wore to the shoot laying on a pile of discarded clothing. When I arrived at the shoot, my yoga friends talked me into wearing a half-shirt to show my tattoos. Those yoga friends, such bad influences."


 Shoshana says, "Vanda is the best yoga mommy!"



 Bethany says, "I'm actually pretty proud of this photo. This is some great foot-action to support my forearm balance. And, my mom would be proud I have a decent pedicure here. Not my strong suit." 


 Dave says, "Literally and figuratively, yogi Nora Brank always brings the glamor pants."


 Hannah's beautiful technique needed very little direction.


Vanda knows that the best way to end any practice is by taking some time for savasana- no matter where you happen to be!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig