Thursday, October 12, 2017

Cookin' with Jazz - Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats

 Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats 
by Jasmine De La Paz 

October is my favorite month of the year. It's the month I was married, the weather starts to change, and Halloween occurs (yes, I love Halloween). But honestly, the main reason it's my favorite month is because of pumpkins! The minute I see pumpkins appear at the farmers market my mind starts racing with all the possibilities of how I can incorporate them into recipes. 

Although it's not full on Fall in southern California, we can still devour all the amazing fruits and vegetables in season. I love this recipe, as you have all the warming Fall flavors but can still enjoy the oats chilled until the weather starts to cool down. This is similar to my Mindfulness Muesli but I made a few adjustments by incorporating pumpkin puree (fresh is best, but canned still works), and crunchy almond butter. It is so creamy but with a light crunch from the almonds. It also tasted like pie! 


Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats 

(Serves 2) 

1 cup gluten free oats
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup crunchy almond butter
3 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
dash of salt 

Add all the ingredients to a bowl, and mix until well combined. Cover the bowl, and set in the fridge over night to let it work it's magic. Serve chilled or warmed with granola, fresh fruit, and a huge dollop of coconut whip cream if you are wanting something similar to pie! 

I know, this post is coming a little later than usual and I apologize for that. Last week was our last Breakfast on the Patio of the year, and I would like to thank everyone who attended and enjoyed coming together and having food with our Namaste community. I am truly honored and humbled by the positive feedback I received and so grateful to have gained so many new friends.  

I have compiled the recipes we enjoyed this year below, as well as a picture of our last breakfast together. We will return next Spring! Feel free to follow me on instagram for more recipes and inspiration! 












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig