Friday, January 27, 2017

Make This At Home! Heart Chakra Mint Chocolate Smoothie

by Jasmine De La Paz


I'm keeping this post short and sweet, as I'm heading to Hawaii for my honeymoon! As I type this, I'm sitting on my bed surrounded by piles of clothes that I have yet to pack and probably won't be able to fit in my suitcase. On a side note, I highly recommend purchasing a travel yoga mat to take with you on trips. It's light and thin, can easily fold into your suitcase!

Okay, so back to the recipe. I started this year with a chest cold, and all my body wanted was green juices, green smoothies, green soups, and green curries. It just so happens that the color associated with the Heart Chakra (Anahata Chakra) is green! I focused on opening my heart and chest, and with lots of herbal teas, gentle heart opening and breathing exercises, oils, and chanting, I was back on my feet in no time. It's amazing how the body knows and craves just what you need to be healthy.

I created this recipe using lots of green fruits and veggies to honor the heart chakra, and at the same time satisfy my never ending craving for chocolate.

Heart Chakra Mint Chocolate Smoothie (serves 1)
1 banana (preferably frozen)
1 cup green apple (chopped & frozen)
handful of spinach or mixed greens
small handful of fresh mint leaves
1-2 small dates
1 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs
1 tbsp hemp hearts
1/2 teaspoon spirulina
1 cup plant-based milk

Add everything into a blender, and top with cacao nibs and fresh mint leaves. If you don't have a high speed blender, just add a little more liquid to get it going. Give your heart what it desires! "YAM."

Namaste.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig