Friday, August 26, 2016

Meet Emily MacLean: Our Yogi Advisor


Meet Emily MacLean!

Many of you may recognize her from class, but she is also our Yogi Advisor! Emily helps the studio run smoothly by communicating with new students, handling member accounts, and overseeing the ongoings of the studio, and we are so grateful to have her!

Many thanks to Emily for being such an important part of the Namaste team since she started at the beginning of the year. If you see her around, be sure to say "Thanks!" and maybe someday you'll find yourself practicing next to her!

Photos by Dave Getzschman

Where are you from, and what brought you to Highland Park?
My family moved to Highland Park in 1978 from the East Coast.  So I was actually brought here by my parents.   In the past three decades I have lived in Davis, Boulder, Oakland, France, Philadelphia and a few other places but I have found my way back to HP 

What is the first thing you noticed about Namaste Highland Park?
That it existed.  I was delighted to see that the neighborhood had a yoga studio.  That was the sign that Highland Park was undergoing a renaissance. 

Do you remember your first yoga experience? What was your impression of yoga & what brought you back?
My first experience with yoga was in Boulder in 1993.  I took a one month course, 2 times a week.  I was fascinated by all of it; the movement, the meditation, the language.  I’ve been smitten ever since.

What's something you could talk about forever?
Urban Farming,  The Grateful Dead, Chaos Theory, Time Travel, Jane Austen & Eyre, Porch Dwelling, Puja, My Feet, Comedy & Tragedy, Yoga

For new student questions and questions related to your membership package, Emily can be reaching at advisor@namastehighlandpark.com!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig